The Law Offices of Aaron J. Stewart assists individuals, married couples, family businesses, and family farms to create sustainable and effective estate plans and succession plans. We represent estate planning clients in Chico, Oroville, Redding, and the entire North State. We can provide you with the following estate planning techniques and instruments to protect and pass your wealth:
- Wills and Pour-Over Wills
- Testamentary Trusts
- Living Trusts, including Revocable Trusts and Irrevocable Trusts
- Marital Estate Planning, including A/B Trusts, Marital Trusts, Bypass Trusts or Credit Shelter Trusts, and QTIP Trusts
- Estate Planning for Family Farms and Clients in the Agricultural Industry
- Succession Planning and Legacy issues for Businesses and Individuals, including Dynasty Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney, including Health Care Directive and Physician Directives, and Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
- Minimizing Tax Consequences, including Estate Tax, Gift Tax, Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax (GST)
- Charitable Giving and its Tax Consequences
- Advice regarding recent changes to Estate Tax and Basis Adjustments under Economic Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act (EGTRRA)
- Advice regarding Annuities, Life Insurance, and Pension Benefits
- Asset Protection, including Grantor Trusts and Limited Liability business entities
You must have a wills and trusts attorney who approaches estate planning with the utmost care and attention to detail as you are entrusting your attorney with those assets, items, and even relationships that represent your life’s work. We take pride in staying on the cutting edge of implementing effective strategies for protecting you and your family.
For further information on how we can best assist you, please contact the Law Offices of Aaron J. Stewart.
- Marital Deduction Trusts: What is a QTIP?
On the estate planning side of my business, something I see with some regularity when I first meet with a married couple who already have a trust in place is that they may not understand what exactly happens after the first of them dies. For instance, they may not realize their trust splits into multiple [...]
- Estate Planning Documents
Aaron elaborates on Estate Planning Documents while providing additional insight into best practices and noteworthy recommendations.
- California Revocable Trusts
Aaron elaborates on Revocable Trusts in the State of California while providing additional insight into best practices and noteworthy recommendations.